The first weekend in November will bring us massive conference matches, including two SEC rivalries that could determine the winners of each division.
No. 1 from Tennessee will travel to Athens, Georgia to take on No. 3 from Georgia in a battle of unbeatable powers looking to win a personal tiebreaker over the underdog as we near the finish line in the SEC East race. The Volunteers are 8.5 points behind despite being in first place in the opening college football playoff rankings.
No. 10 LSU will host sixth-place Alabama in Death Valley, which is usually the SEC game of the year. Both teams have opted out of the conference game, so this could effectively be an elimination game in the race to win the SEC West.
Saturday will be busy across the country, so here’s a handy viewer guide to help you get your bearings. All times of the East.
Texas Institute of Technology, TCU #7 – Noon on Fox fuboTV (Try for free): The undefeated Horned Frogs ended up behind Alabama with one loss in the CFP opening rankings, which can’t be good in Fort Worth, Texas. They have been one of the most intriguing teams in the country due to their ability to get up every week, even if that includes digging big holes early in the game.
No. 1 in Tennessee and No. 3 in Georgia – 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.com, CBS sports appQ: Which one of you named this game the biggest SEC game of the year? Put your hand down… no, I didn’t. But here we are. The Volunteers will look to further bolster their national threat, while the reigning national champion Bulldogs will no doubt use a fall to 3rd in the CFP rankings as motivation. Buckle up. The SEC on CBS Game of the Week will become must-see television.
No. 6 Alabama at No. 10 LSU – 7 p.m. on ESPN fuboTV (Try for free): Crimson Tide have been very unruly on the road this year, which can be a problem at night in Death Valley. If this turns into a quarterback battle, Tide star Bryce Young will have the edge over Tigers veteran Jayden Daniels. This is a big chance for LSU freshman coach Brian Kelly to make a name for himself in the college football world.
No. 24 in Texas and No. 13 in Kansas – 19:00 on FS1, fuboTV (Try for free): The Wildcats are tight-lipped about the status of starting quarterback Adrian Martinez, who could play a pivotal role in this Big 12 showdown. The Longhorns can’t afford another conference loss if they want to get into the Big 12 championship game — coach Steve Sarkeesian said that’s his top goal in his second year.
No. 4 Clemson at Notre Dame – 7:30 pm on NBC, fuboTV (Try for free): The Tigers haven’t lost, but their offense has been somewhat inconsistent…which is a big reason why they aren’t considered outside of the big three in college football. Meanwhile, the Fighting Irish could use a signature win in the first year of coach Marcus Freeman’s reign.
Wake Forest #21 in NC State #22 – 8:00 PM on the ACC network, fuboTV (Try for free): This tricky ACC game between rated opponents might turn out to be one of the most entertaining games of the day. The Demon Deacon attack has been deadly for years, but last week turned into a fluid machine as a result of the loss to Louisville. The Wolf Pack’s defense has been solid for most of the season and could continue the decline of Wake Forest.
The best of the rest
- Air Force vs. Army – 11:30 a.m. on CBS CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- No. 2, Ohio, NW – Noon on ABC fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 17, North Carolina, Virginia – noon on the ACC network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 19 Tulane in Tulsa – Noon on ESPNU fuboTV (Try for free)
- Florida at Texas A&M – Noon on ESPN fuboTV (Try for free)
- Western Kentucky in Charlotte – Noon on CBS Sports Network CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- No. 8 Oregon in Colorado – 3:30 p.m. on ESPN fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 15 Penn State in Indiana – 3:30 p.m. on ABC fuboTV (Try for free)
- Michigan State #16 in Illinois – 3:30 p.m. on the Big Ten Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 18 Oklahoma State in Kansas – 3:30 pm on FS1, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 20 Syracuse in Pittsburgh – 3:30 p.m. on the ACC network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 25 UCF in Memphis – 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2 fuboTV (Try for free)
- New Mexico in Utah – 3:30 pm CBS Sports Network CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- UNLV in San Diego State – 7:00 pm, CBS Sports Network, CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- No. 5 Michigan at Rutgers – 7:30 pm on the Big Ten Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Arizona, No. 14, Utah, 7:30 pm on Pac-12 Networks, fuboTV (Try for free)
- California, USC #9 – 10:30 pm on ESPN fuboTV (Try for free)
- #12 UCLA, Arizona, 10:30 pm, FS1, fuboTV (Try for free)