It’s the penultimate Saturday of this year’s college football regular season, and with it many intriguing games that could have a huge impact across the country, with rivalry and championship weekend ahead of us over the next two weeks. No. 1 Georgia looks to maintain their flawless record on Saturday against a reeling Kentucky team in the SEC at the CBS Game of the Week, while TCU’s No. 4 will look to do the same in the early window at Baylor.
Meanwhile, out west in Pac-12, two massive games are headlined with No. 7 USC facing No. 16 UCLA and No. 10 Utah taking on No. 12 Oregon in Eugene. Both of these matches will make a big difference in who goes to the conference championship game on the first weekend of December.
There are many other scenarios that could draw attention to the final weeks of the college football season. Saturday will be busy across the country, so here’s a handy viewer guide to help you get your bearings. All times of the East.
No. 4 TCU in Baylor — noon on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The Horned Frogs, who, based on the number in front of their name in this paragraph and the college football playoff rankings on this website (and every website), are still ranked fourth in the nation. However, they are just a 2.5-point favorite over Baylor’s team, who are 6-4 and just smoked out 31-3 by Kansas State. This year they are 7-1-1 against the spread, which makes this spread even more curious. Does anyone in the desert know something that others don’t?
Illinois, number 4 in Michigan – noon on ABC fuboTV (Try for free): The Fighting Illini stayed in the top 25 for most of the month, but crashed back to Earth in November. Can the Wolverines take advantage and keep up the momentum until their showdown with No. 2 Ohio State next week? Las Vegas seems to think so. They are favorites for the match with 17.5 points, which tells you everything you need to know about how the bookmakers are pricing both teams.
No. 1 Georgia in Kentucky – 3:30 p.m. on CBS CBSSports.com, CBS sports app: The Wildcats were in the top 10 after Week 4 but lost four of their last six as the hitters struggled to constantly move the ball through the air. They’re up against a tenacious Bulldogs defense that would love more than anything to make a big statement ahead of a competitive weekend and SEC title game. Also, it will be interesting to see how Bulldogs quarterback Stetson Bennett IV fares on the road.
No. 7 USC to No. 16 UCLA – 8 p.m. on Fox, fuboTV (Try for free): The Trojans are going to stake their CFP hopes against a Bruins team that is extremely dangerous on offense with quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson and running back Zach Charbonnet leading the offense. It will also be a chance for Trojans quarterback Caleb Williams to claim the Heisman Trophy, especially after running back Travis Dye was out with an injury.
No. 10 in Utah and No. 12 in Oregon – 10:30 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free): The Ducks snapped a 23-game home winning streak against the Washingtons last week, but they need to get back on track this week against the Utes, who are looking to win their second straight Pac-12 championship. The Ducks are losing by two points at home, which is pretty unbelievable given how difficult it is to play at the Outzen Stadium despite losing last week.
The best of the rest
- Navy at No. 20 UCF – Noon on ESPN2 fuboTV (Try for free)
- Austin P in 8th in Alabama – Noon on SEC Network+ fuboTV (Try for free)
- Louisiana 19th in Florida – Noon on ESPN3, the regional sports network fuboTV (Try for free)
- UConn in the Army – Noon on CBS Sports Network CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- 15th Kansas in West Virginia – 2:00 pm on ESPN+, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Oregon State No. 23 in Arizona – 2:15 pm on ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Boston College at Notre Dame #18 – 2:30 p.m. on NBC fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 2 Ohio Maryland – 3:30 pm on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Miami, Clemson #9 – 3:30 p.m. on ESPN fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 11 Penn State in Rutgers – 3:30 pm, Big Ten Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- NC State No. 24 in Louisville – 3:30 pm Regional Sports Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 25 Cincinnati at the Temple – 4:00 pm on ESPNU, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, #13 in North Carolina – 5:30 pm on ESPNU, fuboTV (Try for free)
- No. 5 Tennessee in South Carolina – 7:00 pm on ESPN, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Boise State in Wyoming – 7:00 pm CBSSports.com, CBS sports app
- No. 14 Ole Miss in Arkansas – 7:30 p.m. SEC Network, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Oklahoma State No. 22 in Oklahoma – 7:30 pm on ABC, fuboTV (Try for free)
- UAB #6 LSU – 9:00 PM on ESPN2 fuboTV (Try for free)
- Colorado, Washington DC 17 – 9:00 PM on Pac-12 Networks, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Fresno State in Nevada – 10:30 pm CBS Sports Network CBSSports.com, CBS sports app