The products featured in this article have been independently verified. When you purchase anything through the retail links on this page, we may earn commissions at no cost to you, the reader. The Sportzshalaeditors are not involved in the creation of this content. Find out more here.
Who doesn’t love the convenience of being able to lace up their favorite pair of trainers or walking shoes to get some exercise in the comfort of the house? This is where home treadmills come in handy as they are a fantastic addition to any fitness program and are closely related to imitate outdoor running. However, for many of us, the issue is having room to accommodate these machines, which can sometimes be quite large.
Traditionally, the best treadmills are large, can be intrusive, and tend to take up most of your precious floor space. But with the advent of high-quality folding treadmills, the space issue has lessened. The best folding treadmills are compact, durable, and have intuitive folding mechanisms. They offer an easy solution for limited space and time without having to sacrifice reliability, features and functions.
So, do you want to equip your home gym with a foldable treadmill, or are you planning to bring it to the office to reap the benefits exercise while working, you have come to the right place. In this article, we offer a comprehensive overview of the best folding treadmills our team of experts have identified for 2022. Read on to find out all about our top picks.
Our pick of the best folding treadmill for 2022:
- Best Overall Foldable Treadmill: NordicTrack – Commercial 1750
- Best foldable treadmill for running: Horizon Fitness – 7.4 AT Treadmill
- Best folding treadmill for walking: Sole Fitness – F63 Treadmill
- The best compact treadmill for a small space: Echelon Fitness – Stride Treadmill
- Best budget compact treadmill: UREVO – 2-in-1 treadmill under the table
- Best smart foldable treadmill: ProForm – Pro 9000 Treadmill
- Best Folding Treadmill Under $500: XTERRA Fitness – TR150 Treadmill
- Best folding treadmill for beginners: GoPlus 3-in-1 foldable treadmill
- Best folding treadmill for incline training: Bowflex – Treadmill 10
- Dimensions: 80″ x 38″ x 65″
- Weight: 340 pounds
- Load capacity: 300 pounds
- Max speed: 12 mph
- Incline: Negative three to 15 percent
- Folding options: SpaceSaver Design with Easy Lift Assist, a one-step folding technology that folds the treadmill in half. The arms do not fold, so they do not lie flat. Stores upright
- Guarantee: 10 year frame warranty, 2 year parts warranty, 1 year labor warranty
It’s no surprise that the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 claims to be the best folding treadmill, as this powerful machine tops many of these treadmill reviews year after year. It’s powerful, easy to use, and offers features and performance not typically found on folding treadmills. Equipped with a 3.5 hp continuous power motor, the Model 1750 supports speeds up to 12 mph and slope/gradient capability ranging from negative 3 percent to 15 percent. The rappelling capabilities really set this bad boy apart from its rivals as it allows users to simulate outdoor running in a way that many others can’t.
The Commercial 1750 comes with 50 built-in workout programs designed by elite trainers. In addition, it features the iFIT fitness platform, which allows you to truly use some of the most impressive features for an exciting, motivating and varied workout. Through iFIT, you have access to thousands of workouts that vary in type, duration and intensity. They are led by world-class coaches from around the globe. The iFIT community is a motivating way to stay on track with your fitness goals.
Notable features include a 14″ HD tilt and swivel touchscreen, premium audio speakers, AutoAdjust for coach-led workouts, a cooling fan, Bluetooth headphone support, heart rate connectivity, Google Maps (via iFIT), and an integrated console tray. . When you purchase this treadmill, you get a free 30-day iFIT membership. While no membership is required to use the 1750, its overall design and technology is geared toward a more immersive workout.
Very often, folding treadmills have a smaller treadmill to keep them compact. But the 1750 doesn’t sacrifice here and boasts a soft 22-by-60-inch running surface that’s suited to longer strides. If you’re training for road racing and prefer to run without cushioning, you have the option to turn it off on the 1750. Where NordicTrack fails is warranty. Given the price and warranties of competitors, the 10 year frame, 2 year parts warranty and 1 year labor warranty are disappointing.
- Strong motor
- Reject opportunities
- Big treadmill
- Depreciation can be turned on and off
- Programmed treadmill workouts outside of iFIT
- Assembly takes a long time
- Warranty is disappointing
- Heavy / bulky to move
- Dimensions: 76″ x 37″ x 63″
- Weight: 318 pounds
- Load capacity: 350 pounds
- Max speed: 12 mph
- Incline: 0-15 percent
- Folding options: SpaceSaver Design with Easy Lift Assist, a one-step folding technology that folds the treadmill in half. The arms do not fold, so they do not lie flat. Stored vertically
- Guarantee: Lifetime frame and engine warranty, 5 year parts warranty, 2 year labor warranty
The Horizon Fitness 7.4 AT treadmill is designed with the serious runner in mind and is best for those who prioritize quality components over technology in their fitness equipment. performance. Conveniences such as QuickDial controls for one-touch speed and incline control, and a large 22″ x 60″ cushioned running surface make this treadmill a great choice for beginners and experienced runners alike.
Powered by a 3.5 horsepower engine, the 7.4 AT is capable of speeds up to 12 mph, grades up to 15 percent, and a maximum user load of 350 pounds. In addition, the 7.4 AT features Johnson’s digital drive system with Rapid Sync technology, which Horizon Fitness says prevents any delay between incline or speed changes. Because of these fast transitions, the Horizon 7.4 AT is well-suited for interval training and comes with an interval workout called Spring 8, a 20-minute high-intensity interval workout. Horizon claims that this workout will burn up to 27 percent fat in just eight weeks, however we have not found any empirical studies to support this claim.
Although the monitor on this treadmill is very basic (8.25″ LCD), you can still stream your workout or entertainment through apps like Peloton, STUDIO, Zwift, Spotify, Netflix, Hulu and YouTube and watch them on your smart device. Use Bluetooth technology to connect to the built-in speakers and track your heart rate with the included Bluetooth chest strap. This allows you to track and analyze your workout metrics to keep up with your fitness goals.
Although the 7.4 AT treadmill is built like a tank with a strong frame, it uses a one-step hydraulic folding system to free up floor space – a particularly attractive feature for those with limited space. Additional amenities include a fan, multi-position tablet holder, USB charging port, water bottle holder and audio in/out. As an added bonus, this treadmill is one of the most affordable given its impressive components and warranty.
- Quality Components
- Powerful and quiet motor
- Good tilt and speed range
- Responsive speed and slope
- Monitor is non-touch
- You must use your own device to stream anything, and each requires a subscription.
- Dimensions: 82″ x 35″ x 66″
- Weight: 254 pounds
- Load capacity: 325 pounds
- Max speed: 12 mph
- Incline: 0-15 percent
- Folding options: Patented gear and rack and pinion system with deck design with safety lock to lock deck in place when folded upright. The Easy Assist Folding Deck design is an easy way to unpack in one step. Doesn’t lay flat
- Guarantee: Lifetime warranty on motor and frame, 3-year warranty on deck, warranty on electronics and parts, 1-year warranty on labor
If you’re looking for a high quality, affordable foldable treadmill that’s perfect for walking, we recommend the Sole F63. This affordable treadmill boasts impressive features that make it an attractive choice for the active walker or jogger. Powered by a 3.0 HP continuous power motor, the Sole F63 has a top speed of 12 mph and offers 15 incline levels. While the 3.0 CHP motor is more than powerful enough for even the most intense walking workouts, it won’t support long or strenuous runs.
The large 20-by-60-inch running surface features patented cushioning that Sole says reduces impact on joints by 40 percent. While we can’t speak to the numerical accuracy of this statement, we can say that the F63 is a real pleasure to work with.
The F63 features cooling fans, speed and tilt controls on the armrests, a built-in device holder, Bluetooth audio speakers, and a USB charging port. There is a small 6.5″ LCD monitor that displays speed, incline, time, distance, calories, heart rate and pace information when using any of the 10 pre-programmed workouts. And thanks to Bluetooth technology, you can download and track your fitness data for free in the Sole app. In addition, you can also share this information with other fitness apps such as…