Latest Posts

Davis Love III claims golfers could go on ‘major strike’ to force out Saudi rebels

- Advertisement -

Davis Love III claims golfers could go on 'big strike' to oust Saudi rebels - AP
Davis Love III claims golfers could go on ‘big strike’ to oust Saudi rebels – AP

The PGA Tour is gearing up for imminent legal action by LIV rebels trying to win the right to appear in the FedEx Cup playoffs next month.

- Advertisement -

The legal intervention would be another escalation in a dispute that one former U.S. Ryder Cup captain has argued could even lead Tour players to threaten a massive major boycott to force out Saudi-paid players.

- Advertisement -

This stunning statement comes from Davis Love III, a hugely respected figure in the dressing room who captained his country twice in a biennial brawl, most recently in a US win in 2016, and who again captains Team USA in September. Cup of the President.

- Advertisement -

Love has heard rumors that the Tour will go to court next week and believes it will widen the ever-growing gap between the two groups of professionals as players who have resisted the temptations of the LIV Golf series fear that defectors may still be playing alongside them, despite receiving 10s, and in some cases even 100s million to join a rival league.

Love has a solution for a group of loyalists if they feel powerless. “Here’s the biggest lever, and it’s not the best lever,” he told Sports Illustrated. “If a group of veterans and a group of the best current players join 150 guys on the Tour and we’re like, ‘Guess what? We don’t play”, that solves the problem, right? “If the guys from LIV play at the US Open, we won’t play. If they sue and win, well, we’re not playing.” You know, there won’t be a US Open. It’s like a baseball hit.”

It should come as no surprise that LIV will unleash lawyers if, as expected, the Tour extends its bans to a three-week end-of-season streak that, in addition to awarding the winner with a £15million check, will decide who stays. their full gaming privileges.

There are currently two events left in the regular campaign – the Rocket Mortgage Classic, which wraps up on Sunday, and the Wyndham Championship next week – on the LIV roster, there are 10 people from the LIV roster that will qualify for the first event in Memphis, while Brooks Koepka is the loudest name. (Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau and Sergio Garcia are among those who have already withdrew from the Tour).

President Donald Trump watches 4 Aces GC's Dustin Johnson take his shot - GETTY IMAGES
President Donald Trump watches 4 Aces GC’s Dustin Johnson take his shot – GETTY IMAGES

Earlier this month, Ian Poulter lifted his DP world tour ban for the Scottish Open in an 11-hour ruling in which the judge said that Wentworth HQ did not follow due process and had to wait for major appeals of suspensions and 100,000 pounds. fines have been settled.

The PGA tour has gone even further than their European counterparts by issuing indefinite suspensions, and while they are under investigation by the Justice Department for anti-competitive laws, Sawgrass is almost bound to make it to the playoffs.

And here emotions can rise even higher. Imagine if a new LIV convert like Talor Gooch, who was lucky enough to be #20 on FedEx, gets cleared to compete and walks away with a record-breaking salary.

No doubt Love’s proposal for “big strikes” is apocalyptic, but there’s no doubt that passions are running high. Luke Donald, the Englishman who was exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport on Thursday, will be named the captain of the European team early next week. stabbed Henrik Stenson for signing a contract saying he would not switch to LIV before doing so last week in a £40m deal. “I won’t do Henrik,” Donald promised.

Stenson made his series debut here at Trump National on Friday and, given the circumstances, the world No. 173 had a remarkable showing, throwing seven under-64s to share a first-round lead with Patrick Reid in a 54-hole match.

Another £3m in the Swede’s treasury could help blunt all the ‘great disappointment’ he’s been feeling since he was removed from office. “It was a difficult 10 days, not much fun, but I was able to focus and I will take responsibility for this,” said the 46-year-old athlete. “This is the best thing I’ve played all year.”

Donald Trump attended and although Phil Mickelson was outboxed, the southpaw was forced to back away from his first tee shot when a member of the gallery yelled “Do it for the Saudi royals!” – Scheduled protests by 9/11 groups protesting a Saudi-funded tournament hosted on a field owned by a former US president just 50 miles from Ground Zero have never come close to rallying three miles from this secluded and heavily guarded part of New Jersey.

Trump would have been happy to see a lot of MAGA caps and T-shirts, but in truth the crowd was small compared to the first two £20 million events in Hertfordshire and Oregon and the atmosphere was almost impossible.



Source: sports.yahoo.com

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss