Latest Posts

Fan loses wife, daughters in Indonesia soccer crush

- Advertisement -

STORY: This was one of the last moments he saw them alive.

A wife and two daughters smile at a football match in Indonesia moments before they die in a stampede.

- Advertisement -

One of the worst stadium disasters in the world.

- Advertisement -

Now Andi Haryanto says he will never watch the match again.

- Advertisement -

“In my dream everything is still normal and what happened is like a lie, the same during the afternoon nap. But when I wake up, I realize that they are no more.”

Watching their local team was a special experience for Andy’s family, including his two-year-old son.

But as they sat in the stands to cheer, the crowded stadium descended into chaos.

They became the scenes below.

The police used tear gas to disperse the excited fans who took to the field at the end of the match.

Although they remained in the stands, Andi, holding his son in his arms, separated from his wife and daughters.

Stumbling and stumbling under the tear gas, he managed to get to the medics for help.

“I never thought it would end like this, tear gas was suddenly launched and I felt such pain in my eyes. Then my wife asked me to hold our youngest, our son, and I was really sure that they were all behind, so I kept looking for a way out. Then I dropped my son on the fence of the stadium, I couldn’t think about my wife then, I had to save my son, no matter what.”

As the smoke cleared, Andy began to search, turning over trampled or strangled victims as they tried to escape through exits, some of which were blocked.

Authorities put the latest death toll at 131.

Thirty-three of the victims were children.

“My wife and daughters were nowhere, I asked everything, then I was told that all the victims were taken to the Kepanjen hospital and the Vava hospital. found his daughters Natasha and Naila. I struggled to find their mother. When I looked around the stadium, I saw that all the corpses were being transported to the hospital by truck.”

Andy says tear gas should never have been used.

FIFA bans the use of “crowd control gas” at matches, and Indonesian police observers said some officers mistakenly used tear gas in the stadium when they were not ordered to do so.

The Indonesian government is providing 50 million rupees (approximately $3,200) in compensation to the families of each of the victims.

“I will never watch football again. Now I can only think about my son and I have no time for anything else. Now it is important how to get food tomorrow. I just want to be a good person, that’s all.”


- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss