Latest Posts

Fury says deadline for Joshua fight has come and gone

- Advertisement -

Tyson Fury says his proposed heavyweight bout with Anthony Joshua is being canceled after the deadline set by Fury’s camp expired without a deal on Monday.

Fury gave Joshua an ultimatum on Friday night, insisting that if the deal wasn’t done on time, he would walk out of the blockbuster All-British fight.

- Advertisement -

Speaking on Instagram on Monday night, the WBC champion said: “Well guys, it’s official. D-day has come and gone. It’s been five o’clock on Monday. The contract has not been signed.

- Advertisement -

“It’s officially over for Joshua. Now he’s out in the cold with a pack of wolves.”

- Advertisement -

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has already said there is “no chance” of signing contracts before Monday.

Speaking live on Instagram, Joshua said: “It’s not in my hands – it’s with the legal team. That’s why you hire lawyers.

“You know the history of boxing – make sure you understand your legal terms. That’s why you have good management and good lawyers.

“So, of course, I’m going to sign a contract. It’s just with a few lawyers at the moment.”

Joshua’s team has already verbally accepted Fury’s offer of a 60-40 purse split.

Joshua suffered a second consecutive loss to Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia last month, and Fury’s unification hopes were dashed after the Ukrainian said he had no intention of returning to the ring until 2023.

ksa/mln



Source: sports.yahoo.com

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss