Georgia Institute of Technology @ No. 24 Pittsburgh
Current entries: Georgia Institute of Technology 1-3; Pittsburgh 3-1
What you need to know
The Georgia Tech Yellow Vests have been 1-6 against the Pittsburgh Panthers since October 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap on Saturday. Georgia Tech and Pitt will face off in an ACC battle at 8:00 pm ET at Acrisure Stadium. The Panthers should still be at their best after the big win, while Georgia Tech will look to get back into the win column.
The matchup between Georgia Tech and the UCF Knights last week wasn’t particularly close, with Georgia Tech losing 27-10. Georgia Tech’s loss came despite a quality play by QB Jeff Sims, who passed one touchdown and 314 yards in 32 attempts. It was the first 300+ yards for the Sims this season.
In the meantime, you’re bound to get a positive result if you overtake your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly what happened to Pitt last week. They made short work of the Rhode Island Rams to win 45–24. Unsurprisingly, the experts were more or less unanimous in putting their money on the Panthers. RB Israel Abanikanda held a dynamite game for Pitt; he rushed for four TDs and 177 yards on 19 carries. One of the most memorable moments of the game was Abanikanda’s 67-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Unsurprisingly, Abanikanda’s flashy performance put his rushing singles touchdown at the highest level of the season.
Georgia Tech is now 1-3 while Pitt sits on a 3-1 mirror image. Two stats to keep an eye on: Georgia Tech enters the competition by hitting the ball five times, 20th in the nation. But the Panthers enter the competition, boasting the ninth-fewest steals in the nation. These opposing forces should make the match exciting.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: Acrisure Stadium – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- TELEVISION: ACC network
- On-line translation: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS sports app
According to the latest data, the Panthers are the favorite against the Yellow Vests with 22 points. american football odds.
Pittsburgh has won six of its last seven games against Georgia Tech.
- Oct 02, 2021 – Pittsburgh 52 vs. Georgia Tech 21
- December 10, 2020 – Pittsburgh 34 vs. Georgia Tech 20
- November 02, 2019 – Pittsburgh 20 vs. Georgia Institute of Technology 10
- September 15, 2018 – Pittsburgh 24 vs. Georgia Tech 19
- September 23, 2017 – Georgia Tech 35 vs. Pittsburgh 17
- Oct 08, 2016 – Pittsburgh 37 vs. Georgia Tech 34
- October 17, 2015 – Pittsburgh 31 vs. Georgia Tech 28