Veteran defenders Ndamukong Su was waiting to pick his next team. Did it on Thursday.
Here are the details of a one-year contract with the Eagles that covers the rest of the season.
1. Subscription Bonus: $250,000.
2. Base salary: $750,000 for eight weeks with a full guarantee.
3. Lineup bonus per game: $31,250 per game ($250,000 total).
4. Playing Time Per Game Incentive: $62,500 for each regular season game in which more than 30 percent of snaps were made ($500,000 total).
5. Playing Time Per Game Incentive: $31,250 for each regular season game in which more than 35 percent of snaps were made ($250,000 total).
He receives an additional $125,000 for each playoff win if he participates in 30 percent or more of regular season snaps. If he does not participate in 30 percent or more of snaps in the regular season, he receives $125,000 for each postseason win in which he participates in 30 percent of extra snaps in that game.
This is a deal with a base value of $1.25 million with a maximum payout of $2.5 million.
On the one hand, Su was able to wait for the real rivals to appear. On the other hand, he could earn a lot more by returning to the Buccaneers, for example.