The Green Bay Packers (4-6) closed a 14-point gap in the second half and stunned the Dallas Cowboys in overtime Sunday at Lambo Field, using three touchdowns from Christian Watson and a big overtime play to ruin the game. Mike McCarthy. return to Green Bay and break the team’s five-game losing streak.
It was all over when…
… Mason Crosby’s 27-yard field goal went over the posts with less than four minutes left in overtime to give the Packers the win.
– WR Christian Watson/RB Aaron Jones: Watson caught four passes for 107 yards and three goals, while Jones made 24 passes for 1,438 yards and scored.
– S. Rudy Ford/D.L. Jarran Reed: Ford intercepted a pair of Duck Prescott passes for 14 points, while Reed landed three quarterback hits, including a fourth-down hit that flipped the Cowboys in overtime.
– CB Corey Ballentine: new to the list of 53 peoplehe fumbled the ball covering a first-half kickoff.
207: The Packers ran for 207 yards on 39 attempts and Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon got 37 carries.
0–7: C.D. Lamb catches a 3-yard touchdown (extra point)
7-7: Christian Watson catches a touchdown from 58 yards (extra point)
14-7: Aaron Jones, 12-yard touchdown (extra point)
14-14: Dalton Schultz catches a 5-yard touchdown (extra point)
14-21: Tony Pollard, 13-yard touchdown (extra point)
14–28: CeeDee Lamb 35-yard touchdown (extra point)
21-28: Christian Watson catches 39-yard touchdown (extra point)
28-28: Christian Watson catches 7-yard touchdown (extra point)
31-28: Mason Crosby 27-yard field goal
“By losing five games in a row and losing 28-14 in the second half, the Packers could close the store and end the season. Instead, Christian Watson brightened up the season with a pair of brilliant touchdowns. Who knows. Perhaps this will be the turning point of the season.
– Aaron Rodgers only threw 20 passes and just 14 passes, but he averaged 11.2 yards per try, threw three touchdowns and finished with a 146.7 passer rating. He was amazing.
– Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon had double-digit carries, averaging over 5.0 yards per rush, and had at least one rush for 15 or more yards. This was the dominant effort in the Packers run. Jones’ 24 tries was his second most in a game of his career.
– Rudy Ford, new to safety this week, saved the Packers early with an interception in the end zone after a ball loss, and a second interception resulted in a rushing touchdown.
– Defense The Packers, despite losing over 400 yards and scoring 28 points, went to the end of the game four times in a row, including a fourth down in overtime.
– Sammy Watkins, after three rough plays coming off injured reserve, caught all three passes for 47 yards, including a 23-yard one.
“The Packers were much more effective in the game passing game.
– This was the team’s first 30-point game in the 2022 season.
One win to get it all going? Let’s see. NFC is still wide open at the bottom. The Packers are alive and still right, but there are still some tough games ahead, including the next two weeks.
In just four days, the Packers will host the Tennessee Titans (6-3) in Thursday Night Football from Lambo Field. The Titans defeated Nathaniel Hackett and the Denver Broncos in Week 10.
Packers vs. Lions: Live Updates, Scoring Games, Highlights