The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Dest to Chelsea if Azpilicueta leaves

- Advertisement -

Chelsea are interested in acquiring Barcelona and United States international defender Sergino Destaccording to Sport.

- Advertisement -

The 21-year-old Barça right-back — who has been sidelined with a hamstring injury since March — has been identified by Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel as a potential reinforcement amid the Blaugrana‘s interest to sign Cesar Azpilicueta on a free transfer.

- Advertisement -

Xavi Hernandez’s side is keen on bringing in Azpilicueta, but the Blues currently have the option to extend his stay by one more season. However, they would be willing to let him go if Dest arrives to Stamford Bridge.

Barcelona are also eyeing Marcos Alonso as they continue their search for a future replacement for Jordi Albaand that could see both Alonso and Azpilcueta head to the Camp Nou in a straight swap deal for Dest.

Should a deal fail to be agreed, Chelsea could table a bid for Dest, with a fee in excess of €20 million required to land him.

Sportzshala+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream Sportzshala FC Daily on Sportzshala+ (US only)
– Don’t have Sportzshala? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

13.03 BST:Marcelo wants to continue” at Real Madrid, Marca’s front page headline said on Thursday, but the club haven’t made any move to discuss a contract extension with their captain.

The left-back, 34, became the most decorated player in Real Madrid history with 24 trophies when he lifted the LaLiga title last month.

It had been widely assumed that Marcelo would leave the Santiago Bernabeu when his contract expires on June 30, but he surprised reporters during trophy celebrations by saying “I don’t want it to end here… I want to stay.”

According to MarcaMadrid executives are waiting for the season to end before making any definitive decisions, but while they’re aware that the Brazilian would like to sign a one-year extension, it would be “very difficult” for that to happen.

12.17 BST: Declan Rice has been offered an eight-year contract by West Ham United worth £200,000 a week but is set to reject it, according to The Sun.

The England midfielder has been a target for some of the Premier League’s biggest clubs, with Manchester United now seemingly leading the race to sign him, and so he does not want to commit the majority of his career to the Hammers.

West Ham insists that they do not want Rice, 23, to leave and would want a nine-figure transfer fee to be offered before they even consider letting him go.

– Ogden: Man United clear to sign Rice, but would he want to join?

11.25 BST: Manchester United are monitoring midfielder Frankie de Jong‘s situation at Barcelona as they look to bolster their midfield this summer, sources have told Sportzshala’s Rob Dawson.

Erik ten Hag knows the 25-year-old from their time together at Ajax. However, sources have told Sportzshala that Ten Hag is not a particular pull for De Jong, and there is an acceptance at Old Trafford that it would be a difficult deal to get over the line.

United are in the market for a central midfielder and have been alerted to the possibility Barcelona may need to offload De Jong to fund other summer business.

Sources have told Sportzshala that De Jong’s preference is to stay at Barcelona, ​​but if he was told he was surplus to requirements at Camp Nou he would prefer to join a club where he would play Champions League football. United already know they will not qualify for next season’s competition after a disappointing campaign in the Premier League.

Sources have told Sportzshala that Manchester City are among a host of other clubs to have shown interest in the Netherlands international.

10.32 BST: Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved admitted Paulo Dybala‘s contract renewal demands were “very high.”

Despite months of negotiations, the Turin club decided last month not to offer the Argentine forward a new contract, with his current deal expiring this summer. Dybala, 28, will leave Juve after seven seasons at the club.

“It’s not easy to say what went wrong with his renewal,” Nedved said. “We evaluated him on all aspects, both on and off the pitch. His demands were very high and rightly so because he is a strong player. We didn’t feel like it and therefore the roads parted.”

Sources told Sportzshala’s James Olley last month that four Premier League clubs are among a host of top European sides to have made contact with Dybala’s representatives over a potential free transfer this summer. Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle have all asked to be kept informed of the situation while Tottenham made contact some time ago through the club’s managing director of football, Fabio Paratici.

Juve splashed out €70m to sign forward Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina in January. Despite the Serbia forward’s recent dry spell of four games without scoring, Nedved is confident Vlahovic will deliver.

“Dusan got off to a very good start and everyone was thrilled,” Nedved said. “Then, there is not only the weight of the shirt but also natural fatigue. He had already done a lot in Florence, so he’s probably physically tired. But for the way he trains, he should always be on the pitch: he is a man with a lot of will and we are very happy with him.”

Vlahovic scored 20 goals in 24 matches for Fiorentina earlier this season and has netted seven goals in 18 appearances for Juve.

09.38 BST: Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish expressed his hope that he can convince Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher to return to Selhurst Park next season on loan rather than return to his parent club Chelsea.

Gallagher has had a breakout season at Palace, scoring eight goals and five assists in the Premier League and making his full England debut, and he was named Palace’s Player of the Season this week.

The 22-year-old said in March that he was undecided over his future, and Parish hopes he can influence that decision.

“We would love to have him back, I am not going to pretend that is not the case,” he said. “Conor will make his own choices of course, and the club will have something to say about it, but we have enjoyed every minute of having him here this year.

“So if that is all we get of him, and I hope not, he has been a fantastic asset to the club as a player, and as a person as well.”

08.51 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have been monitoring three Everton players who they think could fit the bill for the planned summer overhaul of the squad, the Daily Telegraph reports.

brazil international forward richarlisonEngland defender Ben Godfrey and young winger Anthony Gordon have all been identified as potential recruits for Antonio Conte’s first full season in charge.

Everton’s hopes of avoiding relegation are now looking better as they are 16th in the table with three games left to play, two points above 18th-placed Leeds and with a game in hand.

However, even if Everton do stay up, that may not deter Spurs from making a move for at least one of their key players when the transfer window opens.

08.00 BST: Manchester city striker Gabriel Jesus has been in talks with Arsenal about a potential move this summer, according to his agent.

Jesus, 25, has one year left on his deal at the Etihad and refused to rule out a move away from the club following his four-goal performance against Watford last month.

After City announced the signing of Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, Jesus might not be a first-team regular for the club next season and his agent Marcelo Pettinati has said Arsenal are interested in signing him.

“We had talks with Arsenal about Gabriel Jesus,” he told the Guardian on Wednesday. “We like the project — it’s a possibility we’re discussing.

“There are six more clubs interested in Gabriel. He’s focused on the final games with Man City; we’ll see.”

Sources have told Sportzshala that City’s successful pursuit of Haaland has given Arsenal more encouragement they could pull off a deal for Jesus this summer.

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– A three-way race between Chelsea, Manchester United, and Paris Saint-Germain is heating up for the signature of Darwin Nunezwrites the Athletic. It is reported that Benfica would be willing to move him on in the summer for the right fee, and that looks to be a figure in the region of £75million. The 22-year-old striker has scored 32 goals from 38 appearances in the Portuguese league and the Champions League this season.

– West Ham United are eyeing a move for Rennes defender Nayef Aguerdaccording to the Telegraph. The 26-year-old is reported to be available for a fee in the region of £20m, and with David Moyes keen to add defensive reinforcements this summer, he could make a move for the Ligue 1 star as soon as the transfer window opens .

– Marseille’s move for Mohammed Ali has stalled, reveals Foot Mercato. While the Ligue 1 club have agreed a £12m fee with Angers for the 18-year-old forward, there is still some common ground to be reached over how it will be dispersed over the next few seasons. It is also reported that the player is demanding a higher salary than Marseille were expecting, causing delays in progress over personal terms that has interested parties Real Betis and Eintracht Frankfurt on standby.

– Manchester City are looking for a fee of €60m if they are to part ways with Gabriel Jesuswrites Ekrem Konur. having secured Erling Haaland, Pep Guardiola’s side could be prepared to move on the 25-year-old forward, with Jesus’ agent confirming on Tuesday there have been talks with Arsenal and six other unidentified clubs. He has scored 13 goals this season from 39 appearances.

– AC Milan are moving closer to landing Alessandro Florenzi on a permanent deal, reveals Nicolo Schira. The 31-year-old full-back has spent this season on loan from AS Roma with the Rossoneriand reportedly wants…