Bowling Green @ Ohio
Current records: Bowling Green 6-5; Ohio 8-3
What you need to know
The Ohio Bobcats will return home after a two-game trip. The Ohio and Bowling Green Falcons will face off in the Battle of Mid-America at 7:00 pm ET Tuesday at Frank Solich Field at Peden Stadium. If the final result of “nothing to nothing” since the last meeting is any indication, this contest will be decided by the defense.
The Bobcats pulled off a 32-18 win over the Ball State Cardinals on Tuesday. Ohio’s RB Sieh Bangura did his part and rushed for two touchdowns and 148 yards on 23 carries.
Special teams scored 12 points for Ohio. K Nathanial Vakos played a perfect 3-to-3 game.
Meanwhile, the Toledo Rockets usually have all the answers at home, but Bowling Green proved too much of a challenge on Tuesday. Bowling Green walked away with a 42-35 win. WR Odieu Hiliare had a stellar game for the Falcons, catching seven passes for two TDs and 243 yards. One of the most exciting moments was Hiliare’s 59-yard TD in the fourth quarter.
The wins took the Bobcats to 8-3 and the Bowling Green to 6-5. Two defensive stats to keep in mind before the game starts: Ohio is 28th in the nation in sacks, with 29th of the season. But the Falcons are even better: they come into the game with the fourth most sacks in the country (37). With this kind of ball pressure, don’t be surprised if there are a lot of short passes in this match.
How to watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Frank Solich Field at Peden Stadium – Athens, Ohio
- TELEVISION: ESPN University
- On-line translation: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS sports app
Ohio has won five of their last seven games against Bowling Green.
- Nov 26, 2021 – Ohio 0 vs Bowling Green 0
- November 28, 2020 – Ohio 52 vs. Bowling Green 10
- Nov 19, 2019 – Ohio 66 vs. Bowling Green 24
- October 20, 2018 – Ohio 49 vs. Bowling Green 14
- October 14, 2017 – Ohio 48 vs. Bowling Green 30
- Oct 08, 2016 – Ohio 30 vs. Bowling Green 24
- Nov 04, 2015 – Bowling Green 62 vs. Ohio 24