Latest Posts

Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford receives full clearance from concussion protocol

- Advertisement -

Quarterback Rams Matthew Stafford was on concussion protocol on Wednesday following a week nine loss to the Buccaneers. He missed a loss to the Cardinals in Week 10.

- Advertisement -

Now that week 11 is approaching, Stafford has been granted full play clearance. Sheep made an announcement earlier this evening.

- Advertisement -

The development comes after coach Sean McVeigh had several discussions with reporters about Stafford’s status over the past nine days. On Friday, for example, McVeigh said (before Stafford was acquitted) that “Matthew will contact the doctors after today’s practice and try to go where you are fully recovered. [We] don’t expect any setbacks in this regard.”

- Advertisement -

McVeigh said on Tuesday that Stafford “[s]until we get these types of things worked out, and so we’re hoping to get a little more clarity on some of these things this afternoon, does that mean he’s out of [the protocol] or he will continue to stay in it, but I don’t have that information right now.”

McVeigh also spoke about Stafford’s status on the scoresheet following Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals and the Friday before the game.

“This can go on up to 90 minutes before kick-off. [against the Cardinals] because when you have a veteran player like him, you’re not going to take any risks at all,” McVeigh said last Friday. “We are not going to skip a single step. I don’t want this to be misunderstood, but I think it would be foolish of me to exclude him when you’re talking about our quarterback, the guy who means so much to us if there’s an opportunity without being able to take risks. his. That’s where we are with it.”

Why are we mentioning this? Because the coaches allegedly should not say anything about the players in the protocol.

This was a message sent by the league in November 2016. In a memo from NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent, teams were instructed to “refrain from making public comments regarding a player’s condition with a concussion or speculation about when they might return to training.” play once in concussion protocol.”

The memo also advised teams that in response to questions about players on the score sheet, teams should only say “that the player is on a concussion protocol under the supervision of the medical team and the club will monitor his condition”.

We recently asked the league three times for advice on whether this remains the rule. The league did not respond to any of these requests.

The league also apparently didn’t tell McVeigh to stop talking about Stafford’s status.

This is a strange situation, and the league, for some reason, refuses to provide the media, and in turn the fans, with any clarity. Has the mandate not to talk about players on the scoresheet been lifted? Or is it, like many other NFL rules, applied selectively or not at all?




Source: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

- Advertisement -

Latest Posts

Don't Miss