Redrafting the 2022 NFL Draft: Sauce Gardner goes No. 1 overall, Brock Purdy lands in middle of Round 1
The Chiefs have wrapped up the final chapter of the 2022 NFL season, but we all know there’s never a dull moment on the NFL calendar. Before the NFL merges, it’s a good time to revisit everything we’ve seen in the NFL season and revisit the 2022 NFL Draft.
A career doesn’t build or break after one season, but given the rookie years and plans for the future, let’s put together a redevelopment for the class of 2022.
Some suggestions for remodeling:
- All rookies from the class of 2022 (including undrafted free agents) have been removed from their respective NFL roster and may be freely selected.
- If a rookie is not in the top 32 here, he will revert to the round in which he was originally selected and to the team that selected him. The original first round players not included in this first round will also remain on their current teams.
- All veteran transactions made during the 2022 season remain valid.
- The options below are what I would do as each team’s general manager (when considering coaches’ plans, etc.), not what I think each team’s GM would do.
- The draft order is based on the real order dated April 28, 2022, before the start of the draft.