UFC 283 marks the promotion’s first visit to Brazil in two years and the first pay-per-view in the country since UFC 237 in May 2019. Unusual circumstances at the end of 2022 resulted in the main event being booked six weeks before the extraordinary rivalry enters its fourth straight year of competition.
Glover Teixeira vs. Jamahal Hill was abruptly nominated for the vacant UFC Light Heavyweight Championship just after the conclusion of UFC 282. Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev fought to a draw on December 10, leaving the title vacated by Jiri Prochaska weeks earlier unclaimed. . Bored with the Blachowicz-Ankalaev fight, UFC President Dana White turned around and announced the Teixeira-Hill fight that same night. Teixeira is making a comeback after losing to Prochazka in the Fight of the Year final, while Hill has three wins in a row to finish seventh in the division.
Can’t get enough of boxing and MMA? Get the latest martial arts news from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including full coverage of UFC 283 throughout the week.
The co-main event includes a historic fourth bout between male flyweight champion Deiveson Figueiredo and interim champion Brandon Moreno. The two are tied 1-1-1 in their series. Figueiredo has fought Moreno only once in a calendar year since their rivalry began. The two fought to a draw in December 2020, with Moreno winning via third-round submission in June 2021, and Figueiredo regained the title via unanimous decision in Fight of the Year Candidate in January 2022. Moreno moved a bit away from his legendary rival and defeated Kai Cara-France for the interim title in July of this year.
The rest of the UFC 283 map is littered with names familiar to fans. Former UFC welterweight title challenger Gilbert Burns will take on record holder Neil Magni, former UFC welterweight champion Jessica Andrade will take on Lauren Murphy in the division, and icon Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is expected to fight one last war before retiring. on retire.
Below is the full fight card for UFC 283, along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook (when available). Check back all week for the latest news, features, and other content related to this massive event.
UFC 283 fight card, odds
- Jamahal Hill -125 vs. Glover Teixeira +105 Light Heavyweight Championship
- Deiveson Figueiredo (c) -115 vs Brandon Moreno (IR) -105 Flyweight Championship
- Gilbert Burns -450 vs. Neil Magny +350 Welterweight
- Jessica Andrade -500 vs. Lauren Murphy +380, Women’s Flyweight
- Johnny Walker -190 vs. Paul Craig +160 Light Heavyweights
- Igor Goncharny -210 vs. Igor Goncharny Street of Mauritius +175, light heavyweights
- Gregory Rodriguez -330 vs. Bruno Ferreira +260 Middleweight
- Thiago Moises vs. Melkisael Costa, lightweights
- Gilton Almeida -1000 vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov +650, heavyweights
- Gabriel Bonfim -190 vs Munir Lazzez +160 Welterweight
- Cody Stamann -340 vs Luan Luis Lacerda Bantamweight
- Terrence McKinney -125 vs. Ismael Bonfim +105 Lightweight
- Warley Alves -115 vs. Nicolas Dolby -105 Welterweight
- Josiane Nunez -550 vs. Zara Firen +400 Women’s Featherweight
UFC 283 Tournament Information
- Date of: January 21
- Location: Jeunesse Arena – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Start time: 22:00 ET (main map)
- How to watch: ESPN+PPV
UFC 283 countdown
Who will win UFC 283: Teixeira vs Hill? And how exactly does each fight end? Visit SportsLine now for details on every fight at UFC 283.all from an incomparable expert who has made almost $12,000 from MMA over the past four years and find out.