UFC 285 — Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane: Fight card, date, odds, location, rumors, complete guide
Here comes the long-awaited debut of Jon Jones in the heavyweight division. Jones is arguably the greatest fighter in MMA history and by far the best UFC light heavyweight champion. He returns after a 37-month hiatus to take on Cyril Gein for the vacant UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 285 in Las Vegas on March 4.
The fight announcement was accompanied by the disappointing news that UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou had been stripped of his title. after leaving the organization. Jones has long dominated the 205-pound division with his elite punching, grappling, distance management and fighting IQ. Gein is an athletic, agile and nimble striker who packs a serious punch. Gein has been nearly flawless since his UFC debut in 2019, losing 8-1 in a close decision loss to Ngannou, the only flaw on his record.
Can’t get enough of boxing and MMA? Get the latest martial arts news from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and detailed news.
UFC Women’s Flyweight Champion Valentina Shevchenko continues to build on her legacy as she aims for an eighth straight title defense and a reign that exceeds 1,500 days. Contender Alexa Grasso has a mountain to climb if she wants to become the third Mexican champion in UFC history. She is supported by compatriots Brandon Moreno and Yair Rodriguez, both of whom won titles at UFC 283 and UFC 284, respectively. Shevchenko vs. Grasso takes the co-main event.
Below is the full fight card for UFC 285 along with the latest odds from Caesar’s bookmaker. Check back all week for the latest news, features, and other content related to this massive event.
UFC 285 fight card, odds
- Jon Jones -155 vs. Cyril Gein +130, vacant UFC Heavyweight Championship
- Valentina Shevchenko -625 vs. Alexa Grasso +450, UFC Women’s Flyweight Championship
- Jalyn Turner vs TBD Lightweights
- Jeff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov, Welterweight
- Bo Nickal vs Jamie Pickett Middleweight
- Derek Brunson vs Dricus du Plessis Middleweight
- Ian Machado Harry vs. Song Kenan Welterweight
- Cody Garbrandt vs Julio Arce Bantamweight
- Vivian Araujo vs. Amanda Ribas, women’s flyweight
- Julian Marquez vs. Marc-André Barrio Middleweight
- Mana Martinez vs. Cameron Siman, bantamweight
- Jessica Penn vs. Tabata Ricci, Minimal Women
- Damon Blackshere vs. Farid Basharat, bantamweight
- Camuela Kirk vs. Esteban Ribovich, lightweights
Information about the UFC 285 tournament
- Date of: March 4
- Location: T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas
- Start time: 22:00 ET (main map)
- How to watch: ESPN+PPV