USGA announces 23 U.S. Women’s Open qualifying sites
Pebble Beach will host its first Women’s US Open this July, and this is where the top contenders can try to qualify.
On Tuesday, the USGA announced 23 sites for its 36-hole qualifiers. Qualifiers will be held from May 9 to June 7 in 17 US states, Canada, Japan and Belgium.
Applications open February 15 and close May 3 at 5:00 pm ET. To be eligible, the player must have a handicap index of 2.4 or less or be a professional.
“The USGA is delighted to bring the Women’s US Open and the world’s top players to Pebble Beach Golf Links, one of America’s iconic and treasured courses,” said John Bodenhamer, USGA Chief Championships Officer. “The qualification process is highly regarded by the USGA, and we thank the Allied Golf Association in the United States and the international golf community for providing thousands of golfers with the opportunity to compete for a place in the championship.”
Two qualifying venues, Starmount Forest Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina and Druid Hills Golf Club in Atlanta, previously hosted the U.S. Women’s Open, the first in 1947 and the second in 1951.
Birdie Kim in 2005 became the last player to win the Women’s US Open after qualifying.
The USGA received a record 1,874 entries for the 2022 US Women’s Open at Pine Needles.
US Women’s Open Qualifying Sites 2023 (26)
Tuesday, May 9 (2)
- Club at Mediterra (South Course), Naples, Florida.
- Shannopin CC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Monday, May 15 (4)
- Vancouver GC, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
- Druid Hills, GC, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Somerset CC, Mendota Heights, Minnesota.
- Echo Lake CC, Westfield, New Jersey
Wednesday, May 17 (1)
- Belle Haven CC, Alexandria, Virginia.
Monday, May 22 (4)
- Marine CC, Novato, California.
- Valencia (CA) CC
- Bradenton (FL) CC
- Oahu CC, Honolulu, Hawaii
Wednesday, May 24 (2)
- Bellerive CC, St. Louis, MO.
- Galveston (TX) CC
Thursday, May 25 (1)
- Indian Creek GC (Course Creek), Carrollton, TX
Monday, May 29 (2)
- de Naxhelet Golf Club, Wanze, Belgium
- Boso CC (East/West Courses), Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Tuesday, May 30 (1)
- Gainey Ranch GC, Scottsdale, Arizona.
Wednesday, May 31 (2)
- Starmount Forest CC, Greensboro, NC
- Ohio State University, GC (Scarlet Course), Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, June 1 (1)
- CommonGround Golf Course, Aurora, Colorado.
Monday, June 5 (3)
- Rancho Santa Fe (CA) GC
- The Peninsula G. & CC, San Mateo, California.
- OGA Golf Course, Woodburn, Oregon.
Wednesday 7 June (3)
- Club at Admirals Cove (Northwest Course), Jupiter, Florida.
- Palatine Hills Golf Course, Palatine, Illinois.
- Duxbury Yacht Club (Massachusetts)